Friday, November 21, 2008

Not For The Squeamish...

As promised, actually threatened may be a better choice of word here, I have photos of my scar. Matilda took them a few days ago, I was quite desperate to see what it looked like...everyone had seen it but me. I can't see it in the mirror, not allowed to twist...my hips and shoulders are to stay aligned at all times.

So...especially for Kel...


Be warned...


Proceed no further if you are squeamish...


... ... ... ... ...


... ... ... ...


... ... ...


... ...


...


Last chance now...


Pretty ugly really (the right side of the photo is the base of my spine)...it's a little red in places but healing well otherwise. A few of the staples are starting to fall out. Come Monday afternoon they will all be out. The itchiness is driving me crazy...I just want to rip at it...tonight I sat under the cool shower and let the water do it's thing, was bliss.

This evening I am feeling really good. I'm almost certain that the "tummy bug" I had was a reaction to the Heparin I was on. It started just on 24 hours after I began it...I was on it for a week and finished yesterday morning. Interestingly this morning I felt better than I had for a week and over the course of the day my energy levels have picked up enormously, it has now been 36 hours since I completed the course. My taste buds are recovering too, everything had a really musty taste, milk tasted "mushroomy"...ugh...!!! Was chatting to my Mum this afternoon and she said that after some major surgery earlier this year her taste buds went haywire while she was on Warfarin, another anticoagulant drug.

Coincidence...?? Am thinking not.

Anyway, I thoroughly loved my chicken soup that Matilda made today, bless her soul. She was so proud of herself. It was really, really good too, not just saying that because I am her Mum. She worked hard today, tidied, cleaned her room, changed the cat litter box, did all of her washing, brought ours in, emptied the dishwasher, went to the supermarket and pharmacy for me, cleaned & dressed my wound and all manner of little chores & errands for me. Am much more relaxed about it all tonight.

Looking forward to a gentle weekend here. Matilda has a busy schedule with five Cheerleading concerts. Her own concert is Sunday morning but they are showcasing the Cheerleaders this year and asked them to perform at all five concerts so we need to be there at 10.30am & 5pm tomorrow and Sunday. Looking forward to Sunday's concert though, her team does all of it's routines then.

Whatever you all get up tp, I hope it's with people who love & care for you...

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh my goodness, Kerrie...you're right, you can't be squeamish. I hope you are healing quickly and with a minimum of pain.

You must be so proud of Matilda - she is an amazing girl!

Kelly said...

oh god they are lovely arent they when they rise to the occasion, meet the bar and exceed it, warms the soul. i braved it, had a look, thanks for the warning, not too bad huh? looks like it will heal well.so pleased for you. bloody bodies. xx

Kori said...

That wasn't bad at all! i was actually expecting something worse! Glad you are healing well, and I don't envy you the itching at all!

Anonymous said...

Your incision looks great! Matilda sounds like such a wonderful young woman and well beyond her years - great job Mom!

Lissy said...

WOW...looks like something from Ripleys Believe It Or Not!!??
Impresive!!
Gold start to Matilda. When she's finished with you, send her down here to help me?? Tell her we all love her & she's a beautiful daughter.

Karin said...

That's not so bad, just a little bit Frankensteinish but that is what we want in a scar right? ;-) How can anyone go Goth without a good scar??

I can't wait to meet Matilda one day. She is a beauty of a girl!