Friday, September 5, 2008

All Tarted Up...


Was feeling so blah yesterday...in need of some indulgence and a pick me up so booked myself in for a haircut today. This morning I was still feeling blah and almost cancelled but am glad I didn't.

While having my hair washed (I so love someone washing my hair for me) I was talking to the young apprentice at the salon about her training. She was telling me she now was able to do waxing and eyelash tinting.

Sooooo...

I thought, what the hell and had both done. I have never had my eyelashes tinted before and it was quite an experience. Had to sit with my eyes shut for almost 15 minutes, much harder than it I would have thought. I had my iPod with me and plugged in to one of my podcasts so the time passed quickly. She then waxed my brows...I have very few brows, quite light considering my hair is almost black but it feels good to have them tidied up. Mind you, it hurts like hell, I just cannot imagine having large areas waxed...the pain...I'd need a general anaesthetic...!!! The cost of both "beauty" treatments...??? A mere $16.50.

I left the salon feeling pretty good...now for somewhere to go out...!!!

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Were you happy with the tinting? Can you run around mascara-free now? Being pampered is the best!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for some well deserved pampering! And what a great deal. I need to look into the local beauty school - they offer the same services as the salon, but at greatly discounted prices.

Kelly said...

aaahhhhhh...you've reminded me to go and book a massage, been threatening to have one oh ...for about 2 years! I agree, there's nothing like hair washed at the hairdressers, id wash my own that thoroughly if i didnt have to get the knots out myself!

Debbie said...

Hi Kerrie! Thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. You are all linked up under Australia. Check in daily to see where in the world we are headed next!

watercolordaisy said...

How lovely!!!! I need to have my eyebrows done.... sigh. They are out of control! lol!

Lissy said...

Wow - you are so brave Kerrie. I have never had anything like that done. Are you happy with the results? I'm very impressed. I thought I'd get something done for my reunion tomorrow night, but of course disorganised me has run out of time. I have only waxed my legs ONCE & just about passed out with the ripping of the paper off my legs. OH MY GOODNESS. Some people are much braver than me....I'm all for that GENERAL ANAESTHETIC!!!!! The things we do for beauty??? (I'm stamping my foot here. It's taken me over 2 hours this morning to just find a TOP to wear to thing - just the top part of an outfit & a nice new bra. I'm a hopeless shopper...)
Much love to you Kerrie,
Lis xx