Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pizza...

It's a relaxed evening here, we have a public holiday tomorrow...Labour Day. Matilda is out at a birthday party sleepover and who knows where Josh is, he hasn't put in an appearance here since Friday evening. I was going to cook a roast for dinner...I have a whole organic Pork Scotch Fillet just waiting to be enjoyed but it seems a bit pointless having it tonight with only three of us home so that will be tomorrow night's dinner.

Instead I pulled out some home made pizza bases from the freezer...last time we had pizza I made about ten so we would have some to freeze. I'm a bit of a pizza purist, having grown up in the midst of a large number of Italian families...(thin base and minimalist toppings)...we ate wood fired pizza in the 1970's, about 30 years before it became fashionable.

I topped the bases with thinly sliced potato, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and sea salt then into the oven for fifteen minutes...a little grated parmesan after cooking and they were just divine. There are some tastes that just "go" together and this combo on our pizzas was just meant to be.


We ate the pizzas with a glass of red at about 6pm and have just finished off a bowl of Split Pea & Ham soup that I made on Friday...it was good then but great now.

Life's good really...

*Disclaimer - the photo isn't my pizza, we got into them so quickly I forgot to photograph them but they looked very similar.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

I would never have thought to put potatoes on pizza...sounds divine!

Ian Newbold said...

I'm not usually a great pizza fan, bit of a purist too, although I don't bother to make them myself.

Yours sounds delightful, send me a slice?

watercolordaisy said...

omgosh that sounds good!!! May have to try that. Will have to buy some pizza dough though - not making it myself, lol.

Mouthy Girl said...

Oh my gosh. That pizza sounds divine! I'd love to have your dough recipe.